[AMBER] NPT equilibration error: ASSERTion 'e' failed in nonbond_list.F90 at line 849

From: Maria Minakova <mariabiophysics.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:32:34 -0400

Hi everyone,

My equilibration of the synthetic+chromophore systems fails consistently after switching to NPT from NVT at 300 K.
The system was minimized, heated to 300 K and equilibrated (nvt) with harmonic restriction to the helix, so I get not unfolding artifacts before the production runs.
When I switch to Langevin dynamics, the simulation always fails after first ~30 ps (6 attempts with varying conditions: smaller time step, strong/weak/no harmonic restrictions for the macromolecule).

When I look at the trajectory and restarts in VMD, i don't see any significant disturbance to the molecule structure or collapsed atoms.
The output energies are not very different from the beginning snapshot, no signs of sudden change in box size, density, or vdw energies.

Could you suggest some debugging strategies?

Thank you, Maria Minakova.

Additional info:
the out.* has this error information:
"

mpirun sander.MPI -O -o output_polypr_equil_7.out -i equil_300K_npt_norestr.in -
p 0a_watsalt_hovdw.prmtop -c polypr_min_6.rst -r polypr_min_7.rst -x polypr_equi
l_7.mdcrd

Exited with exit code 1.

Resource usage summary:

    CPU time : 15057.00 sec.
    Max Processes : 183
    Max Threads : 571

The output (if any) follows:ASSERTion 'e' failed in nonbond_list.F90 at line 849.

"

Input file and output (no restraints, small time step version) are attached.