Re: [AMBER] Error: periodicity of dihedral is zero

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:06:24 -0400

Hello,

As a note, you should *always* inspect the frcmod file printed out by
parmchk. In it, you will see lines like:

C -H 0.00 0.000 ATTN, need revision

in the 'bond' section and

C -C -O -C 1 0.000 0.000 0.000 ATTN, need
revision

in the dihedral section. The string "ATTN, need revision" indicates that
parmchk could not figure out what the parameters should be, so it put 0's
in every position as place holders. You then have to go back and manually
fix those.

This is expected and documented behavior for parmchk -- see pps. 97-98 of
the AmberTools 12 manual for a clear description of the exact problem you
are seeing.

HTH,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,