[AMBER] Bending force constant in kcal/mol/rad2 from bending frequency(cm-1)

From: arup pathak <pathakarup2002.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:26:19 +0530

Dear members
I have read one very informative article (J. Comput. Chem. 25: 1157–1174,
2004) about the construction of AMBER force field parameters (GAFF).
Evaluation of bending force constant in this article are based on the
empirical formulas (Eqn(s). 5 & 6 and Tables 3 & 4 ). In a different
context, I am trying to generate the same FF parameters for a molecule
based on ab initio frequency calculation. For bond stretching I have no
problem, and can easily utilize the QM calculated stretching frequencies to
convert them to FF parameters. However, I wonder if there is a way to get
the bending force constant value (kcal/mol/rad2) from the QM calculated
bending frequency values (cm-1). I shall remain oblized for kind
guidelines and will look forward for reply.
  Thanks in advance.
Dr. Arup K Pathak
Theoretical Chemistry Section
BARC, Mumbai, India