Re: [AMBER] Question concerning TI using soft core potential

From: Wook Lee <wlee.chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 15:33:16 +0200

Hi, Thomas

I found the reason.
Actually, I misunderstood your tutorial and used same crd file for
transformation procedure,
but now I use different crd files for each process, and it works fine.

However, I have another problem.
Previously, it was TI calculation to transform from HIP to HIE, and it
works fine.
Additionally, I also tried TI calculation to transform from CYS to
CYM.(deprotonated CYS)
However, this gives an error below.

    3. ATOMIC COORDINATES AND VELOCITIES

  begin time read from input coords = 0.000 ps

  Number of triangulated 3-point waters found: 696
| Atom division among processors:
| 0 2111

      Softcore Mask .15; matches 1 atoms
      this run corresponds to V0, its softcore atoms interact fully for
lambda=0
      this process: 2111 atoms, partner process: 2110 atoms
      Checking for mismatched coordinates.
      WARNING: Local coordinate 34 differs from partner coordinate
34 !
  SANDER BOMB in subroutine sc_check_and_adjust
  Atom coordinate disagreement
  Check input files.

I know that this error occurs when the coordinates of two crd files are
different significantly,
but I checked several times and am quite sure that there is no
difference between two crd files except the coordinate of disappearing
atom.
What I found very strange is it did work for histidine case but not for
cysteine case.
(I did exactly same for both cases.)

Do you have any idea about this problem?

Cheers,
Wook