Re: [AMBER] error with ambertools12 and amber10 installation

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:33:00 -0400

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012, vaibhav dixit wrote:

> During installation of ambertools1.5 I'm getting the following error. I'm
> not able to understand the reason behind this error.

> na_anal.c: In function ‘helixanal’:
> na_anal.c:2417:16: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘is’
> na_anal.c:2417:16: error: stray ‘\’ in program
> na_anal.c:2417:41: warning: missing terminating " character [enabled by
> default]

The fix is here:

   http://archive.ambermd.org/201201/0318.html

Somehow this never got put in as a bugfix for AmberTools1.5 (I think because
it was discovered during the process of creating AmberTools12, and it only
affects gcc 4.6, which became common after AmberTools1.5 was created.

In spite of Jason's heroic efforts, there are many good reasons for people to
upgrade to the current codes if at all possible. The number of combinations
of possible incompatibilities between multiple compilers and multiple versions
of Amber is enormous.

....dac