Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA: dubious results

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 22:04:46 -0400

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:

> Although discussion on this topic has died off, I'd like to make a small
> contribution --- for what it's worth --- after a closer look of my input
> files (see below).
>
> Question. Is it possible that the discrepancy observed is due to the use
> of different solvation models (igb=2 cf. igb=5)?

Certainly. They are different solvation models, and you should fully
expect different answers. 2 and 5 are related (i.e. they have the same
functional form, and only the value of 3 fitted parameters are different
between the models). The real question is do you get the same answer if
you use "igb=5" with both sander and NAB (the answer should be yes).

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate