Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA: dubious results

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:34:21 +0200

Although discussion on this topic has died off, I'd like to make a small contribution --- for what it's worth --- after a closer look of my input files (see below).

Question. Is it possible that the discrepancy observed is due to the use of different solvation models (igb=2 cf. igb=5)?

Regards

George

Input file for running PB and GB
 &general
    interval=2, endframe=1000, verbose=1,
 # entropy=1,
 /
 &gb
   igb=2, saltcon=0.100
 /
 &pb
   istrng=0.100,
 /

Differences (Complex - Receptor - Ligand):
 DELTA G binding = -34.6360 +/- 2.4882 0.1574

Per-residue GB and PB decomposition
 &general
    interval=2, endframe=1000, verbose=1,
 /
 &gb
   igb=5, saltcon=0.100,
 /
 &pb
   istrng=0.100,
 /
 &decomp
   idecomp=1,
   dec_verbose=1,
 /

Differences (Complex - Receptor - Ligand):
 DELTA G binding = -37.0737 +/- 2.3787 0.1064