Re: [AMBER] atoms on phosphonic acid groups collapse during minimization

From: Dr. Vitaly V. G. Chaban <vvchaban.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:26:28 -0400

Maria -

I would modify the hydrogen's standard parameters as the very last option
since you will disrupt the consistency of your force field. Based on your
snapshots, I still suppose that your angles (like H-O-R) are not healthy. I
would check the particular values of these angles after your minimization
and double-check what is written in the topology file.

The atom types, theoretically, can be assigned incorrectly even it is
done automatically. As for the Mulliken charges, I do not believe them
anyway... :-)

Cordially,

Vitaly Chaban

Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban, 430 Hutchison Hall
Dept. Chemistry, University of Rochester
120 Trustee Road, Rochester, NY 14627-0216
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA