Re: [AMBER] Looping over a trajectory

From: Lee-Ping Wang <leeping.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 12:48:01 -0700

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your tips one month ago. A few weeks ago, I was able to hack
two source files in AMBER to enable the functionality I wanted (looping
over a trajectory and computing the total force at each conformation).
The result is that we can now optimize AMBER force fields using
energies, forces and ESP values taken from quantum calculations as
reference data. :)

The changes to the source are small, and hopefully they'll be useful for
somebody else at some point.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5381783/Research/debug.F90
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5381783/Research/trajene.F90

I also made patch files, but I couldn't figure out how to make them
compliant with the rest of the AMBER patches. Is there a webpage that
explains how to do this?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5381783/Research/debug.patch
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5381783/Research/trajene.patch

I also created an example calculation with data and input files, which
allows you to compute the forces over a set of conformations for a molecule.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5381783/Research/amberforce.tar.bz2

After extracting the package, run:

tleap -f stage.leap
sander -i force.mdin -o force.mdout -p prmtop -c inpcrd -y all.mdcrd -O

It should generate a file called "forcedump.dat" with energies and
forces from all 1,000 conformations. :)

Thanks,

- Lee-Ping