Re: [AMBER] Constraint simulations

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 12:21:11 -0400

It depends on how much you really want to restrain the ends. A restraint
force constant of 1 kcal/mol on all heavy atoms will keep residues fairly
rigid. At 10 kcal/mol, there will be virtually no movement. I would
suggest not using higher restraints than that (for dynamics).

HTH,
Jason

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Rajendra Sharma <rajenbiotech.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I need to do some simulations on domain A of a protein where I have to
> constraint the ends(C and N terminal both). N terminal is attached to
> a membrane by a linker region while C terminal is attached to second domain
> of the same protein. Can some one suggest how much value of harmonic
> potential I should use to constraint the ends or some publications to read.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Rajendras
>

> --
> Rajendra Sharma
> Junior Research Fellow,
> Computational Biophysics,
> *National Center for Biological Sciences,*
> (Tata institute of Fundamental Research)
> India.
> Mobile No. +91-9950675288

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida