Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA calculation of DNA solvation

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:58:36 -0400

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012, Soumya Lipsa Rath wrote:

> I am working with MD simulation of DNA solvation. I have two systems
> comprising of DNA + water and DNA + organic solvent respectively. I am
> trying to calculate the binding free energy of water and organic solvent to
> DNA.

It's not at all clear what you mean by the "binding free energy" of DNA to
solvent. Without a careful definition, I can't offer any advice, except to
say that it certainly doesn't sound like something MMPBSA could do. (But then
again, it doesn't *sound* like something any computation or experiment could
measure.)

....dac