[AMBER] Reading velocities from netcdf file

From: Hemant Gangwar <alerts4hemant.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:01:06 +0530

Dear All,
           I have saved velocities and coordinates of all atoms using
ioutfm=1 flag using pmemd amber11. Now i want to do some analysis
using velocities. I don't know any other way to read netcdf format hence I
am planning to use ptraj to convert it into ascii format and doing further
analysis. However ptraj (ambertool 12) cannot read read velocities from
netcdf velocity file. I got the following error -

PTRAJ: trajin md_prod_120_ps.vel
  Checking coordinates: md_prod_120_ps.vel
NETCDF file:
Error: No coordinates are present in the NetCDF file md_prod_120_ps.vel
Error setting up NETCDF trajectory for reading.
Could not process trajectory md_prod_120_ps.vel

I expect format of trj and velocity file to be same(as is the case for
ascii files), I am not sure why its not working and how can i get in
working. Other ways to read netcdf files are also welcome.
Thanks