Re: [AMBER] using bellymask and group specification together

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:03:22 -0400

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012, Sajeewa Pemasinghe wrote:

> I have a bellymask specified by
>
> bellymask = '(:534 < 20)& :996'
>
> I want the atoms in the above mask to be subjected to a force constant of
> 50 kcalmol-1A-2.

I think you are mistaking what a "bellymask" is; (and probably, you don't want
such a beast anyway.)

Atoms that are *not* in the belly never move (at all). It doesn't matter what
sort of force constant is involved, they just sit there.

This is both non-physical, and interacts in weird ways with barostats and
thermostats. Consider just using restraints (ntr=1) instead, but note that a
force constant of 50 kcal/mol-A2 is quite high.

The only way to have a distance-based atom selection is through the mask
terms; I don't think it is available via a group selection.

....dac