Re: [AMBER] R: strange POPC under lipids 11 FF

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:53:56 +0200

Albert,

I think I have commented on your pushing attitude before but this
message is really not OK.
As long as you depend on other people, please allow these people to
their work properly. If you want things to go fast, please do the
parameterization yourself but be sure what you are doing is not
influenced by your wish to have everything done fast.

I am quite annoyed by this "fast fast" attitude which many times is
detrimental to science, people trying to do things fast and dirty just
because its a competitive world ... I prefer longer but more solid studies.

Sorry for this comment, but I think messages such as yours do not belong
on this list ..

Best,
Vlad

P.S. Thanks very much to all the people doing the lipid work. It looks
like soon we will have an AMBER-compatible force field for lipids and
that's great. Please take your time and test carefully your lipid
parameters so that people benefit from a solid study. Maybe the force
field should have not been released with AMBER12, but this is another
discussion.

On 06/22/2012 10:50 AM, Albert wrote:
> well, the problem is that many people are waiting for this for such a
> long time (myself looked for it for at least half year since AMBER12
> doesn't come out and many people are talking about it that time). How
> long should we wait, this is a problem. It is quit competitive world,
> probably many people are losing their patience.....
>
> best
> Albert
>
> On 06/22/2012 10:50 AM, Gould, Ian R wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We are awaiting the response to our revised manuscript of our GAFFlipid
>> paper which we will be combining with lipid 11, work done in conjunction
>> with Ross Walker, where we get very good agreement with experiment for
>> POPC, with no surface tension term. I have attached one of the tables and
>> one of the figures from the paper which give an illustration of how good
>> the parameters are at reproducing experiment. When the paper has been
>> accepted for publication we will make the parameters available to the
>> community.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Ian
>>
>> Women love us for our defects. If we have enough of them, they will
>> forgive us everything, even our intellects.
>> Oscar Wilde,

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology
Röntgenstrasse 20, 48149 Münster, Germany
Tel: +49-251-70365-324; Fax: +49-251-70365-399
Email: vlad.cojocaru[at]mpi-muenster.mpg.de