Re: [AMBER] TI calculation Amber 12

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 07:48:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> > Are output files produced? YES
> > Do they contain error messages? NO

So output just stops at some point? or mdout is empty? Is the first energy
summary printed?

> > Did Amber12 pass the parallel test suite? YES
> > Did other parallel TI jobs run ok before? NOT IN AMBER12

Hm, did the Amber test suite TI jobs really pass? There is a set of tests
$AMBERHOME/test/ti* and $AMBERHOME/test/softcore/* that try out the TI-MPI
calcs. Make sure these work ok before checking your own system.

> > Do you use the right MPI version (the one compiled with Amber) or the
> pre-installed one?
> We use Debian 604 with pre-installed open MPI 142

There can be problems when Amber and MPI are compiled with different
compilers, I always suggest making a fresh MPI setup with every recompile
of Amber. But if you say your tests passed, maybe thats not it.

> > Does it run on a single machine (with MPI, but no submission queue
> etc) YES

Hm, so you can run the TI calculation on a single machine with MPI, but
not on your cluster? This sounds like a permission or queueing problem
then.

> > Can you run single CPU calculations (no TI) with both of your
> prmtops? YES
> > Maybe your two endstate systems are not identical in composition?
> the files are identical, only whith different charge
> distribution on one HEM-residue.

ok, if your prmtop files differ only in the list of charges and the restrt
files are identical, then not much can go wrong code-wise, focus on
checking if your Amber installation really is fully functional by looking
at the test results etc.

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the