Re: [AMBER] why cut off is so small for CUDA running?

From: Scott Le Grand <varelse2005.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:14:55 +0800

On 6/15/12, Albert <mailmd2011.gmail.com> wrote:
> hello:
>
> I found that in the CUDA calculation the cut off always use 9.0 or
> even in most cases 8.0. I am curious about why it is so small? Is it
> because of the CUDA module or just because the developer would like to
> show a better performance of CUDA? Usually, from the literature in most
> cases, people use 10.0.
>
> THX
> Albert

Quite the opposite actually... It is much easier to get efficiency
and scaling at higher cutoffs. That is why IMO you see them used with
other codebases. PME can use any cutoff as there is a direct
relationship between it and the reciprocal sum grid spacing. A 12
angstrom cutoff corresponds well with a 2 angstrom grid spacing hence
that's what Anton uses for example.