[AMBER] umbrella sampling -- centroid or center of mass

From: Junjian Miao <junjianmiao.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:24:53 +0800

Hi ,

 I have a couple of problems when using umbrella sampling to calculate the PMF.

 The system under study is a fullerene passing through a large ring, so I select the distance

between the centroids of them (not center of mass) as the reaction coordinate. Which selection

is more reasonable, the centroid or the center of mass? Though in amber, only center of mass available.

  When doing umbrella sampling, whether ntf=ntc=2 is still able to be used in the above process?

  Thank you in advance!

Junjian Miao