[AMBER] R: strange POPC under lipids 11 FF

From: Giovanni Pavan <giovanni.pavan.supsi.ch>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:00:35 +0200

Hi all,

is there any reference regarding the use of gamma_ten=17 as a reliable value
for surface tension?
Because for instance I found out this paper:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jcc.20748/abstract
where they say that for POPC parametrized with the .gaff force field work
pretty well if surface tension is set to 60 mN/m.
I guess however that it depends on the different parametrization performed
by gaff.

Best,
Giovanni

Dr. Giovanni M. Pavan

Laboratory of Applied Mathematics and Physics (LaMFI)
University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI)
Centro Galleria 2, Manno 6928, Switzerland.
e-mail: giovanni.pavan.supsi.ch
web: http://www.dti.supsi.ch/~pavan/
skype: giovanni_pavan