Re: [AMBER] REMD equilibration

From: Soumya Lipsa Rath <soumyalipsabt.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:03:15 +0530

Sir,

I was running a normal MD simulation which attained stability in a short
period of time. Since I was expecting a particular change in the structure
of my protein.. I ran a short equilibration and then gradually raised the
temperature to nearly 500K and I could observe the changes within a short
time.. During the MD run (in explicit solvent) I did not see any loss of
secondary structure.. I had also ran a test simulation raising temperature
from 300 to 310K in normal MD and I could see difference in the protein
behavior, however, no secondary structure changes.
I had asked this previously to the Amber users and people suggested me to
use REMD. However, now I see that other domains of the proteins also
undergo structural changes at the same temperature.

Thanks