Re: [AMBER] what version of xcode are you using?

From: Jonathan Gough <jonathan.d.gough.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 07:56:01 -0400

I did a FULL uninstall of Xcode and macports (including wiping /opt/local).
 Used the shell script to clear out xcode, deleted the app files. macports
I followed all the instructions including removing all other files. (
http://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.uninstalling)

Installed 4.3.1 and the lion macports pkg.

installed all the ports needed for amber (sudo port install gcc44 gcc46
gcc_select mpich2 +gcc44 python27 py27-numpy python_select molden +gcc44
grace gnuplot bkchem chemtool netpbm pymol)

./configure gnu

gives me the following error.

he version is 4.2.1

ERROR: RISM and PBSA FFT solver require version 4.3 or higher of the GNU
compiler.

       Please re-run configure with the '-nofftw3' flag to use this
compiler:

            ./configure -nofftw3 gnu

Configure failed due to the errors above!

i did the switch to mp-gcc46

port select --list gcc

Available versions for gcc:

gcc42

llvm-gcc42

mp-gcc44

mp-gcc45

mp-gcc46 (active)

none

but gcc -v gives me

gcc version 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2336.9.00)

any thoughts on how to proceed next?