Re: [AMBER] up coming workshop?

From: Albert <mailmd2011.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:51:44 +0200

BTW,

  I strongly suggest not simply use CHARMM-GUI for the membrane system
building since there are so many atom clashes and steric problem from
CHARMM GUI output which is completely unacceptable for MD simulations,
otherwise we probably waste tens of ns for the equilibration step. Even the
author of CHARMM GUI deny this issue at recent CHARMM workshop. I test such
system with crystal structures and the helix moved even so much at initial
few ns simulation which should be expected at micro second time scale......

  I strongly suggest Amber develop its own membrane building tools
introducing OPM position. As far as I know three different membrane system
building methods based on pre-equilibrated membranes are available in
Gromacs and each of them works much much better than CHARMM-GUI.