[AMBER] FactorIX test: CUDA + MPI + ntt=2 => never ends

From: Gerald Monard <Gerald.Monard.cbt.uhp-nancy.fr>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 23:06:44 +0200

Dear all,

I haven't seen this on the mailing-list so far, but may be I missed it.

I'm trying to test the CUDA version of Amber (amber11 and amber12). I've
tested different combinations and I have a problem just for one: in the Amber11
test suite (available at http://ambermd.org/gpus/benchmarks.htm), if I replace
ntt=1 by ntt=2 in the PME/FactorIX_production_NVT directory, pmemd never stops
when using pmemd.cuda_SPDP.MPI. Other pmemd versions are OK: pmemd.MPI (8
cores) and pmemd.cuda.SPDP with intel 12 (or gnu 4.4.6) + mpich2-1.4.1p1 +
nvcc 4.2. Same problem occurs either with amber 11 and amber 12: only with
ntt=2 (ntt=1 runs fine). I've tested others systems (mine are about the same
size as the FactorIX test) and the problem stays.

Does anybody have the same problem as I have? Am I missing something here?
Sincerely,

G. Monard.

P.S.: ./test_amber_cuda_parallel.sh only reports one minor diff.
 Prof. Gerald MONARD
 Theoretical Chemistry and Biochemistry Group
 SRSMC, Lorraine University, CNRS
 Boulevard des Aiguillettes B.P. 70239
 F-54506 Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy, FRANCE
 e-mail : Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr