Re: [AMBER] Entropy from MMPBSA.py and MM_PBSA.pl

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:10:54 -0400

What version of Amber is mm_pbsa.pl from?

Also note any differences in the potential. Things to look out for in
particular -- what is SCEE and SCNB in the mm_pbsa.pl input file? Are you
running the MMPBSA.py test with a generalized born implicit solvent model
or not?

Also, MMPBSA.py uses the XMIN minimizer (mm_pbsa.pl uses the conjugate
gradient method in sander unless I'm mistaken). This means that the normal
modes were ultimately calculated for different structures for
mm_pbsa.pland MMPBSA.py. I think the XMIN minimizer is generally the
preferred
method for finding minima.

There are a lot of factors that could lead to differences, but I'm not sure
how sensitive the results would be to these. My guess is that if any of
them are most important, it's the minimization differences.

HTH,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida