[AMBER] Convergence problems with rism1d and water model other than SPC

From: Fabrício Bracht <bracht.iq.ufrj.br>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:33:57 -0300

Sorry to resend. I am just correcting one information. I only had
convergence problems with TIP4P and TIP4P/Ew models. TIP3P works fine.

Below is the corrected message. Thank you

I've been trying to follow the steps described by the A14 tutorial,
but instead of using SPC water I am trying with TIP4p/Ew. I am using
basically the same parameters given as example by the ambertools12
manual, but once I got convergence problems, I tried using smaller
MDIIS_DEL values (0.2 and 0.1). I have also tried using TIP4P water
Last thing I tried was to remove entirely the presence of
Na+ and Cl- ions. None of the calculations converged within the 10000
step limit. SPC calculations run just fine. Which of these would be
the recommended water model for ff12SB force field?
I was hoping someone could help me here.
Thank you
Fabrício Bracht