Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py - problem with complex.prmtop

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 07:53:13 -0400

I believe these are two different issues, and have nothing to do with your
prmtop files. The PB error is something that was recently reported here:
http://archive.ambermd.org/201205/0591.html. MMPBSA.py uses the new
dec_verbose control variable in its PB input, but this variable was not
introduced into sander until Amber12. Since you don't have sander from
Amber 12, then your sander executable cannot read this input variable. You
should be able to remove the dec_verbose variable from the MMPBSA_pb.mdin
file and then re-run the MMPBSA.py command line with the -use-mdins flag at
the end. This should work for your PB calculation.

For decomposition analysis, what version of Amber (sander) do you have?
Decomposition analysis with MMPBSA.py only works with Amber 11 and newer
releases. Your sander output file says Amber 10 at the top. If that is
correct, then you will not be able to get reliable results for
decomposition analysis with MMPBSA.py unless you upgrade to Amber 11 or
Amber 12.

I hope that helps.

-Bill

Bill Miller III