Re: [AMBER] compiling parallel on centOS5 - rocks with intel

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:54:32 -0400

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012, Jonathan Gough wrote:

> I compiled mpich2 in the Ambertools directory with no errors (as far as I
> could tell)

Did you use the configure_mpich2 script? What arguments did you give it?

> placed the following in .bashrc
>
> source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
> # User specific aliases and functions
> export AMBERHOME=/share/apps/amber12
> export MKL_HOME=/opt/intel/mkl
> export PATH=$PATH:/opt/intel/bin
> export MPI_HOME=/share/apps/amber12/AmberTools/src
> export PATH=$PATH:/$MPI_HOME/mpich2-1.4.1p1/bin

Your PATH variable should include $AMBERHOME/bin near the beginning. Typing
"which mpicc" should return $AMBERHOME/bin/mpicc.

> the issue is it is using gcc and gfortran (which are installed)

What is "it" that is using gcc?

> any insights on how to properly call the proper mpicc and mpif90 in
> AmberTools?

See instructions about the $PATH, above. Also, $MPI_HOME should point to the
same place as $AMBERHOME, not to the subdirectory you have above. (Not sure
that this makes any real difference.)

....dac

> p.s. - i tried placing the full path (to mpicc and mpif90) in the config.h,
> which allowed it to compile, but then all the tests failed.

Tests assume that the mpirun that you want is the first one in your $PATH.