Re: [AMBER] large deviation on entropy value using ambertools1.5

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 20:30:01 -0700

How embarrassing. I've fixed the issue. Please reverse the original patch
by using the command (if you already applied that patch):

cd $AMBERHOME
patch -p0 -N -R < std_dev.patch

Then, apply the attached patch using the command:

cd $AMBERHOME
patch -p0 -N < std_dev2.patch
cd AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py && make install

Then re-run with -rewrite-output.

This is the output I now get with your _MMPBSA_*_nm.out files:

ENTROPY RESULTS (HARMONIC APPROXIMATION) CALCULATED WITH NMODE:

Complex:
Entropy Term Average Std. Dev.
Translational: 16.7223 0.0000
Rotational: 17.0094 0.0028
Vibrational: 2452.2343 4.1753
Total: 2485.9660 4.1757

Receptor:
Entropy Term Average Std. Dev.
Translational: 16.7119 0.0000
Rotational: 16.9984 0.0026
Vibrational: 2432.7994 3.1862
Total: 2466.5098 3.1868

Ligand:
Entropy Term Average Std. Dev.
Translational: 12.7647 0.0000
Rotational: 10.2737 0.0000
Vibrational: 15.7722 0.0002
Total: 38.8106 0.0002

DELTA S total= -19.3544 +/- 3.3742

Thanks!
Jason

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Cao Yang <muxiachuixue.163.com> wrote:

> the files are attached.
> Thanks.
>

> At 2012-05-30 10:34:23,"Jason Swails" <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:
> >can you attach your final output file and your _MMPBSA_*nm.out files so I
> >can take a look? I want to see if I can reproduce these issues.
> >
> >On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Cao Yang <muxiachuixue.163.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Jason,
> >>
> >> Thanks for your reply. The patch didn't work in my case. The std. dev.
> >> became larger when I fixed the bug with your patch and used
> -rewrite-output
> >> to re-run. Now I am trying to install AmberTools 12.
> >>
> >> Cao Yang,
> >> Zhejiang University
> >> this
> safer(/better)