Re: [AMBER] problem installing AMBER12 on MacOSX

From: David Watson <dewatson.go.olemiss.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 22:35:34 -0500

>From my own experience several years ago...

I was attempting to compile Amber for a chemistry faculty member at our institution, and there was something about the architecture of his particular Mac Pro system that would make it fail.

When I was compiling the same code for our Linux cluster and my departmental Apple laptop, I had no problem with using either gfortran or intel fortran compilers, even across OS upgrades.
There were some issues with the test results using the ifort 11.* compilers that didn't raise their heads with the 10.* compilers.
Unfortunately, my ifort compiler license was a personal one, so I couldn't test it out on the chemistry faculty's system, but I suspect it had to be something with the architecture support for gfortran since XCode did not provide any sort of fortran compiler.

The problem with using Intel fortran with Lion is that they don't (at least the last time I checked) support Lion with older 10.* versions of the software.
I am interested to know if AMBER compiles out of the box on Lion with ifort 11.* or above with no test failures.