Re: [AMBER] Amber tools 12 and esp visualization in VMD and PyMol

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 11:14:33 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <wmsmith.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: [AMBER] Amber tools 12 and esp visualization in VMD and
PyMol
To: "Ray Luo, Ph.D." <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Cc: Wesley Smith <wmsmith.uci.edu>, Sudarshan Debnath <
sudarshandebnath.ku.rediffmail.com>, Ray Luo <ray.luo.uci.edu>

Dr. Sudarshan Debnath,
  I loaded the pbsa_phi.dx along with the molecule's .rst and .top files
in VMD and loaded the radii from the .top file using the tkconsole. I
displayed the potential as a color map for the VDW surface.
Everything seems to be working normally.
I reduced the color scale by a factor of 10 to compensate for point charge
singularity since the contrast looked low. I have attached a screenshot
for you.

Color scale was set to -20177.00,13444.00 under the trajectory tab.
This was reduced from -201778.73,134441.28 which had low contrast.

See AmberTools12 manual sections 8.4.2 - 8.4.12 for details on loading and
displaying the pbsa_phi.dx file in VMD.

-Wesley Botello-Smith