Re: [AMBER] Visualisation of periodic boundary conditions within VMD

From: Ben Ahmady <uccabha.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:45:54 +0100

Dear AMBER Users & Developers

I'm trying to run a micelle within AMBER and would like to know whether
within the `Graphical Representations' menu of VMD it's possible to
visualise periodic images with '+X', '-X', '+Y' and so on, as I have
done this in the past with other software inputs/outputs but never with
those of AMBER. Currently I'm not seeing anything but I've loaded a
prmtop file into the program and have added a rst file to it,
identifying it as an ' AMBER 7 restart' file. The 'inpcrd' coordinates I
generated had box info (added via 'setbox' with the 'vdw' option in
Leap) and these have been recognised by VMD: "This restartcrd file has
box info".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Ben Ahmady