Re: [AMBER] cpptraj-secstruct

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 14:41:29 -0400

Hi,

The issue is with your topology file; specifically, all of the
backbone amide hydrogens in your system are named "HN" instead of "H"
(which AFAIK is the Amber standard and what cpptraj 'secstruct'
expects). There should probably be an option to set specific atom
names for each of the expected backbone atoms - this will be in a
future release and perhaps even a bugfix. For now, you can get around
this issue by renaming all of the "HN" atoms "H". I will send you a
PDB off-list where I have done this (based on the topology you
provided), and I successfully used it to calculate secondary structure
data.

Hope this helps,

-Dan