Re: [AMBER] new Mg parameters

From: Jesper Sørensen <jesorensen.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 12:16:06 -0700

Thanks Tom. I'll probably submit these to the "Bryce" parameter database one of the following days. I have talked to the author about this.

One way I checked to see if my implementation was correct was to run a single point energy in NAMD of an Mg-Mg system in the gas-phase.
I did this using the parameters in charmm (which they were developed for) and in amber (with the files I attached).

I then checked for a variety of distances that the energies I got were the same (I was both in the repulsive and attractive regions).

I redid the above procedure using the older Roux parameters in charmm as well, just to check that that worked too.

Does that sound like a reasonable test?

Best,
Jesper