Re: [AMBER] new Mg parameters

From: Thomas Cheatham III <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:03:42 -0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

> I have recently been working on this and I am still in the testing phase, but these files (attached) should make it possible to use
> the Allner et al. parameters you are referring to.

I haven't tried these new parameters for Mg2+ yet (but we plan too),
however the approach proposed in the Allner et al. paper to get decent
association times for the Mg2+ ions is clever and compelling. I am fairly
confident that these will be better than the current default AMBER-adapted
Aqvist Mg2+ parameters (where we have observed funny artifacts in DNA
simulation such as ions tunneling into the helix leading to base pair
disruption). Jesper's attachments look correct.

--tec3