Re: [AMBER] How to implement a new energy function in AMBER

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:10:10 -0700

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Xin Geng <xingeng2011.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I want to implement a solvation energy function
> HPMF(Hydrophobic Potential of Mean Force[1])in Amber in order to use
> calculate thermodynamics integration of Amber+GB+HPMF. I wrote a program to
> implement HPMF. I enclosed my program to this email.
>
> However I have
> trouble in compiling my program with the Amber package. So, I want to ask
> what modification I should to do with Amber Package to call the subroutines
> of my program.
>

>From what I can tell, you wrote a module. A couple comments. Include the
dprec.h header (you seem to have done this already, but look at other
source files to see how this header is included -- i.e. #include
"../include/dprec.fh")

This header defines a macro _REAL_ which you should use to define all
floating point data types (don't use real). This really only works with
double precision at this point. I think this is safer than using "real"
and "real*8" like you do...

Afterwards, make sure your source code file is in $AMBERHOME/src/sander,
then run the command "make depend" in order to update the dependencies.

Other than these comments, I think you would need to provide details about
exactly what you did and what error messages you got.

HTH,
Jason

P.S. -- you should also tell us what version of Amber you are trying to add
this to, since the exact instructions depend on that version.

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate
352-392-4032