Re: [AMBER] printing out total energy in sander with high precision (more digits)

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 10:56:21 +0100

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I don't think this solution works to get the total energy of the system out.
When putting the following in the input:

&debugf
 do_debugf=1,
 dumpfrc=1,
/

This indeed generates a forcedump.dat file, which (presumably) contains the
forces for each atom.

Even if it would dump the total energy (instead of forces or energies per
atom), this solution isn't so useful for my purposes the following reasons:
1) as the manual states, "sander will exit after performing the debug tasks
set by the user".
2) the energy isn't in the normal output file (mdout) and one can't specify
the name for the output file it is written to.

For these reasons, I prefer my workaround with nmropt=1 and a VERY mild
restraint (that essentially doesn't change anything to the energies).

--Marc