Re: [AMBER] printing out total energy in sander with high precision (more digits)

From: Mark Williamson <mjw.mjw.name>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 10:40:03 +0100

On 14/05/12 09:53, Marc van der Kamp wrote:

> This may be a silly question, but in the manual or mailing list I couldn't
> find a simple way to print out the total energy of the system with sander
> with higher precision than given under "ENERGY" in the output (e.g. for
> minimization).

Hi Marc,

I think offhand one can achieve this via the debugging name list.

Within a mdin input file, a section like this:

&debugf
   dumpfrc = 1
/

should populate "forcedump.dat" with a higher than normal precision
(e23.16 (see force_dump() in sander's debug.f)) energy output. Please
see page 43 of http://ambermd.org/doc12/Amber12.pdf for the exact syntax.

Regards,

Mark