[AMBER] qmmm_EXTERN/ tests failing

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 08:58:52 +0100

Dear all,

I have installed AMBER12 a little while ago, with gnu compilers gcc 4.1.2
and gfortran 4.1.2 (on a cluster running Rocks 5.3, equivalent to Red Hat
4.1.2-50).

I would like to try out AMBER/Gaussian, and we have g09 as well as g03.
I run into problems when running the tests in
$AMBERHOME/test/qmmm_EXTERN/QMMM_MD_GAUSSIAN.
According to the mdout, Gaussian is found (in this case g09), but sander
fails with the following:

SANDER BOMB in subroutine read_results (qm2_extern_gau_module)
 Error reading file fort.7
 Will quit now

gau_job.log is present and shows that Gaussian has successfully finished.
The fort.7 file in the directory is empty, so it is not a surprise that the
job fails.
But I don't know how to proceed to fix this. Any help is appreciated!

BTW, the same error occurs when using g03 and in the pure_QM_MD_GAUSSIAN/
tests.

Many thanks,
Marc