Re: [AMBER] bi-layer membrane system shrink with NPgamaT

From: Åge Skjevik <aage.dark.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 09:40:56 +0200

Hi Albert,

Your gamma_ten value is very high, and I think that is the problem. The gamma_ten
value specifies the surface tension in dynes/cm/interface, which means that you've
specified a value of 60 dynes/cm/monolayer (120 dynes/cm for the whole bilayer).
I'm guessing the bilayer is extended too much in the xy dimension and becomes
compressed in the z dimension. Try with a much lower gamma_ten. We ran POPE
at a range of surface tensions and found that gamma_ten=26 (=> 26 dynes/cm/leaflet)
was the best value. We hope to optimize the force field, so that membrane simulations
in AMBER eventually can be run in the tensionless NPT ensemble.

Best regards,

Åge Skjevik