[AMBER] bi-layer membrane system shrink with NPgamaT

From: Albert <mailmd2011.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 08:49:44 +0200

Dear:

    I am testing the latest lipids 11 FF with NPgamaT and I found that
my POPE shrinked with NPgamaT. here is one of my NPgamaT input file

equilibration
&cntrl
   imin=0, irest=1, ntx=5,
   nstlim=1000000, dt=0.002,
   ntc=2, ntf=2,
   cut=10.0, ntb=2, ntp=3, taup=2.0,
   ntpr=5000, ntwx=5000, ntwr=50000,
   ntt=1,
   iwrap=1,
   temp0=310.0,
   csurften=3, ninterface=2, gamma_ten=60,
   restraintmask=':PE &!.H, 1-311 &!.H',
   restraint_wt=50.0
  /

the harmonic restrain on POPE head and protein was stripped off from
50-->0 gradually over 20 ns (with 12 input file). However, at the end of
equiliration, I found that bi-layer lipids shrink ed dramatically: I
only saw one layer lipids and the original bi-layer crossed with two
each other....

Does anybody have any idea for this?

thank you very much

BEST