Re: [AMBER] include/fftw3.h(370): error: identifier "__float128" is undefined

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 08:10:00 -0400

On Sun, May 06, 2012, Mark Rance wrote:

> In attempting to compile amber 12 with the intel compilers, I encountered
> the following error message:
>
> include/fftw3.h(370): error: identifier "__float128" is undefined
> FFTW_DEFINE_API(FFTW_MANGLE_QUAD, __float128, fftwq_complex)

This sounds like the following problem, which is fixed in the latest version
(3.3.2) of fftw3:

* Fix incompatibility with Intel icc which pretends to be gcc
  but does not support quad precision.

What I don't quite understand is that we tested the code with Intel 12.1.0
and 12.1.1; we need to find out if the problem is really unique to 12.1.2, or
whether some other problem is popping up.

We'll try to get a fix put together as soon as we can. If you have easy
access to an earlier version of the Intel compilers, you might try that.

...thanks for the report....dac