[AMBER] include/fftw3.h(370): error: identifier "__float128" is undefined

From: Mark Rance <rancemd.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 23:56:45 -0400

Hi,

In attempting to compile amber 12 with the intel compilers, I encountered
the following error message:

include/fftw3.h(370): error: identifier "__float128" is undefined
  FFTW_DEFINE_API(FFTW_MANGLE_QUAD, __float128, fftwq_complex)

This message was repeated a number of times before the compilation process
was terminated due to the errors. Googling this error message didn't turn
up anything, so I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if
so, what the solution was?

I am using a linux box with Fedora Core 16 and ifort --version gives ifort
(IFORT) 12.1.2 20111128

Thanks for any suggestions.
Mark