Re: [AMBER] : add H-atoms automatic in tleap

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 10:40:00 +0200

Dear Zhou Gong,

> The way you said such as redistribute the residual charge, or use RESP,
> and change the atoms types of N atoms. Are these operation can be done in
> the Xleap?

You could use R.E.D. or Antechamber to execute RESP, or run RESP manually.
I suggest you to use R.E.D. or R.E.D. Server...

You can use a LEaP script or Antechamber to set the atom types of a
molecule (or you can do it manually in the LEaP program as well).

> If I couldn't done these in Xleap, next time, when I load the pdb file
> into the leap, it will add the extra H-atoms again.
> Could you please tell me how to deal with these by hand

Once a FF library is generated using R.E.D. or Antechamber (mol2, prep
or off file formats), this FF lib. is loaded in LEaP and is generally
used to match the experimental structure available in a PDB file (here
the match appends only if the atom and residue names are identical in
the FF lib. and PDB file; if atoms such as hydrogen atoms are missing
in the PDB file, they are automatically added by LEaP in agreement
with these available in the FF lib).

You can find tutorials for such a task . q4md-forcefieldtools.org if
you do want to use R.E.D. or R.E.D. Server:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/
Starting point:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php#1

regards, Francois