Re: [AMBER] Some problem with building Non-standard residue

From: Nicholus Bhattacharjee <nicholusbhattacharjee.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 11:34:29 +0530

Dear Francois,

Thank you for the reply. Actually I am performing constant pH simulation of
a protein which contains a Ca atom. I have used ff99SB force field for
this. I have performed Constant pH simulation of the protein without Ca
atom and there was no problem. Since CpHMD is performed in implicit solvent
neither any water molecule nor any counterions are added. So will the
unperturbed charge lead to any difficulty in creating the prmtop and inpcrd
files?

As mentioned in the previous mail I have performed the procedure as
mentioned in the tutorial "Simulating a Solvated Protein that Contains
Non-Standard Residues" by Ross Walker. Since in that tutorial Cu atom was
connected to Nitrogen and Sulphur atoms. In my case Ca atom is connected to
Oxygen atoms. So while creating the prmtop and inpcrd files it is asking
for Ca-OH parameters rather than Ca-O parameters. How should I deal with
this problem.

One last thing. I have used the simple protocol where only the metal atom
is isolated to create new frcmod file. In the advance tutorial the metal
atom together with the residues which are connected with it are isolated to
create frcmod file. Should I revert to this advance protocol.

Thanx again for your help.

Sincerely

Nicholus

Nicholus Bhattacharjee