Re: [AMBER] Some problem with building Non-standard residue

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 11:25:32 +0200

Dear Nicholus,

After a quick look, we can see different problems:
- WARNING: The unperturbed charge of the unit: -3.003600 is not zero.
  -> this is likely a rounding off error of .0036
   I would check that as this might reflect a more important problem.
  (in general a rounding off error is of +/-5.10-4; depending on the
accuracy required: 10-3 or 10-4...)

- Many FF parameters are missing...
  did you load a FF parameter (before) your frcmod file?

- It looks like you have errors in the FF atom type definition:
  Could not find angle parameter: C - OH - CA
    -> I might be wrong but it is unlikely that an hydroxyl group is
connected to a calcium atom; is it not an alcoholate ? if so the atom
type you used is wrong: 'OH' is for an oxygen atom in an alcohol
function...

  Could not find angle parameter: HO - OH - HO
    -> do you have a water molecule that is not a TIP3P molecule?

To better help we would need the FF name you wish use...

regards, Francois