Re: [AMBER] 1-4 EEL meaning

From: Camille Sultana <camillesultana.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:02:30 -0700

So if I interpret this correctly, despite the fact that 1 and 4 are in the
excluded pair list, their interaction is not actually excluded in Amber's
calculations. Ok. Then my final question is how to interpret the energies
listed in the output file. For example if I had

 NSTEP = 0 TIME(PS) = 0.000 TEMP(K) = 299.77 PRESS =
0.0
 Etot = 707.7731 EKtot = 641.5643 EPtot =
 66.2087
 BOND = 72.1704 ANGLE = 267.0562 DIHED =
-67.7222
 1-4 NB = 230.9346 1-4 EEL = -1262.2843 VDWAALS =
 -107.9538
 EELEC = 934.0078 EHBOND = 0.0000 RESTRAINT =
0.0000

>From this information if I wanted to say
"The electrostatic contribution to the potential energy is..."
should I choose =EELEC or =EELEC + 1-4 EEL
Similarly for the vdw (VDWAALS or VDWAALS + 1-4 NB) and dihedrals (DIHED or
DIHED + 1-4 NB + 1-4 EEL).

The overall question is have the 1-4 potentials listed already been added
to the results printed for eelec/vdw/dihed? If this is true listing the
1-4 potentials independently is just to give extra information but they
have already been taken into account for the other potentials.

Thanks so much! This is a really big help.

Camille