Re: [AMBER] AMBER12 installation error

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:16:15 -0400

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012, Peter Fojan wrote:

> I just tried to install the mpi version of amber12 and just to be on the
> safe side also installed the suggested version of mpich2.
> but i do get the following error message and the installation stops.
>
> -larpack -llapack -lblas \
>
> /usr/local/amber12/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `MPL_trfree'
>
> Anybody has any suggestions what to do?

Give more details? What compiler? What is the result of "which mpif90"?
Can you give the full command that failed, probably starting with "mpif90...."
Can you be more explicit when you say that you "installed the suggested
version of mpich2"? (That is, tell us what you actually did, not what you
intended to do or thought you did.)

...thanks...dac