Re: [AMBER] QM/MM ATP-Mg2+ system

From: Yang, Yue <yang.qtp.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:26:06 -0700

Hello,

I'm pretty sure Mg2+ is included in the set of SCC-DFTB parameters that Brian mentioned.
I have used that set of parameters to study several prenyltransferase catalysis when I was
a graduate student with Dr. Kenneth Merz. It's working well (or great), but Mg2+ might need
some special care - in our case, keeping Mg2+ in MM and including it in QM don't make a
lot differences so we keep in MM so 20 more atoms can also be kept in MM. But I'm pretty
sure it's there and working. If you need any related reference, just search Merz group's
recent publications.

In addition, if you can't find that parameter from dftb.org, write directly to Dr. Qiang Cui at
Wisconsin. He's very friendly and definitely an expert at this.

Best,
Yue