Re: [AMBER] using AMBER forcefield by GROMACS

From: Francesco Oteri <francesco.oteri.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:31:03 +0200

Dear Acoot,
saltcon is supposed to be used in implicint solvent MD just to give an
idea of the salt atoms number. The same for gromacs.

To specifiy a saltconcentration in amber, you have to manually calculate
the number of ions to add.
Remind that the system has to be neutral.
In gromacs is easier because genion can perform such a calculation.

A trick is generating the pdb with gromacs and then using such a pdb to
have the AMBER topology.

Francesco