Re: [AMBER] cpptraj, ptraj and time interval

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:15:04 +0200

Fabrício,

after having created your data file using cpptraj, it contains a 'frame
number' column and a 'value' colum, right? You now need an automatic
conversion between 'frame number' and 'time'.

I.e., for instance from

frame value
1 3.1415
2 1.3337

time/ns value
0.005 3.1415
0.010 1.3337

You can use the data file created by cpptraj and use your favourite
programming language to do this conversion. A quick&dirty Python script
doing this is attached. Maybe you can use it for your case without
modification. The modified data is written to stdout, so in order to
create a new data file with the time instead of frame number, you would
have to redirect stdout to a file, e.g.

$ python ptrajrms_convert_frame_to_time.py 0.002
rms_over_framenumber.dat > rms_over_time.dat

Hope this helps,

Jan-Philip