Re: [AMBER] on The Nudged Elastic Band Approach (Tutorial 5)

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 08:01:17 -0400

I don't think NEB is a good approach for this. In fact, I'm not sure any
calculation can give you this number.
NEB is meant for generating a pathway between 2 defined structures. In
folding, the unfolded state is not a single structure, and the size of that
ensemble (entropy) is a critical part of the thermodynamic stability. For
this any many other reasons, I don't think this is currently tractable.